Thursday, April 4, 2013

March (Running) Madness

I can't believe that we are already 4 days into April! What happened to March? Where did it go? It feels like we were just celebrating my birthday with a 12 mile run last week but that was already over a month ago. My racecation to Virginia Beach that felt like it was never going to come has come and gone and is just a wonderful memory now. We have celebrated Easter but yet it hardly feels like spring - it is the 4th of April and I still have snow in my yard!! 

My March ended with 92 total miles.
  • 90 miles running
  • 2 miles swimming
It is a little depressing to compare these numbers to February (during February we really pushed it hard to complete the Indoor Ironman through the YMCA). Even though the total miles for the month aren't that high I feel really good about the 90 miles running! March was really focused on running and that was what I needed. I completed another half marathon, continued on my full marathon training plan, and had my longest run ever of 16 miles!

The March running madness gave me the chance to remember why I run...
During March running gave me the chance to spend wonderful, quality time on long runs with my husband. It gave me the opportunity to go on a road trip with my best friend that I will never forget. I was able to spend time with family that I don't see often. I got to reconnect with old friends and experience a wonderful race in a beautiful place. I was able to prove to myself that I am stronger than I think!
 
Going forward one of my goals is to really take time to enjoy the process and the journey along the way! Running has given me so much joy and I can't wait to see what is to come as we continue with our training for the Green Bay Marathon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment