Thursday, April 25, 2013

Turn up the Heat... The Extra Degree

Last week I had an amazing running week! This week should be our biggest mile week for marathon training but it is finding me in a funk. Today I have gotten sucked into "Social Media" and have been finding motivation and inspiration all over! Enter in: 212 Degrees- The Extra Degree
 
A big thank you to my Scentsy Director for helping to pull me from this funk! She posted this video on Facebook in response to a few of us "venting" about our struggles. When I watched it I felt like it really hit home with so many things in my life right now (marathon training, Scentsy Family business, work, and family life)!
 
"At 211 degrees, water is hot.
At 212 degrees, it boils.
And with boiling water comes steam.
And steam can power a locomotive.
The one extra degree... makes all the difference!"
 
In the video it breaks it into the following categories that could be used in all areas of my life:
  • Attitude
  • Kindness
  • Belief
  • Focus
  • Perseverance
I can't help but think about what could happen if I turned up the heat and added just that one degree in all these categories in each area of my life! I also can't help but think about what could happen if I model this to my kids. What could happen if I got my kids pointed in the right direction (doing these same things in each area of their lives) and on that locomotive with me - we could do amazing things in our lives!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're a great mama to your kiddos! Turn up that heat girl!
    emma @ amomrunsthistown.com

    ReplyDelete