Later in the day we headed out for a hike with some friends to celebrate his birthday. We hiked to the top of the bluff and as we were coming to the end of our hike back down we came across a "friend"... aka Mr. Rattle Snake! UGH!!!!! Have I ever mentioned that I am terrified of snakes... let alone a rattler?!? Everyone else was pretty excited and Aidan even told me later that getting to see the snake was the best thing of the day.
|photos courtesy of my friend Shelby|
After the game we headed home to have cookie cake (decorated like a baseball) and ice cream with our friends and Grandma Jane. Once they all left the boys finished setting up the netting around the trampoline.
As you can see, Aidan had a pretty awesome 6th birthday!
Just like with the other boys lets take a quick trip down memory lane for my little man!
Holy cow... he has changed so much!
I don't want this to come across the wrong way as I don't have a favorite child and I love all of my boys with my whole heart... this kid just has a special connection with me. The other two boys were always daddy's boys but this one has always been a mommy's boy! Most days he is my little shadow and is hanging on me and snuggling with me. He likes to hold my hand whenever we are going places. He is such a sweetheart and always knows how to melt my heart!
Love you to the moon and back buddy!
Just like I did with his older brothers I sat down this week with Aidan to do a quick interview. Here you go:
- Name: Aidan Everett
- How old are you? 6 years old
- What is your favorite thing to do? I have a lot of things and I can't explain all of them. Biking, going outside, playing with my friends, playing in my sandbox are just a few.
- Who is your best friend? Josh
- What is your favorite color? I have a lot- purple is probably the best.
- What is your favorite food? Mac and Cheese
- What do you like to do with your family? going to Grandma's with my family and going to the lake house to see Papa
- What is your favorite toy? Snuggle Bear and Monkey
- What do you want to be when you grow up? an airplane driver
- What makes you happy? getting to go to the park and having my birthday
- What makes you sad? sometimes at school nobody lets me play with them
- What is your favorite show? Max and Ruby
- What is your favorite book? Little Critter
- What do you love to learn about? deer and the military
- Where do you like to go? to Steve and Donna's in Virginia
- Who is your teacher? Mrs. Wingate (K)
- What is your favorite treat? candy
- What do you think about before you fall asleep? a lot of things- like all of the fun things that I did that day or that I will do the next day
- What sport do you like best? baseball
- What are you really good at? baseball and running
- What would you buy if you had $1000? a Camero (good luck buddy!)
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? cookie dough
- Who is your biggest hero? Dad and also Uncle Steve because he was in the military
- What do you hope you'll get to do before your next birthday? go on another trip
- What do you like to do best with your friends? play tag
- What is your favorite song? Shut Up and Dance
- I am very proud because.... I can run fast.
- I am afraid to.... go into a creepy house.
- Imagine that you can become invisible whenever you wanted to. What are some of the things that you would do? I would sneak up on people and scare them.
- Pretend that you can fly whenever you wanted. Where would you go? Texas, Florida, Alaska, and to see my family in Virginia. I would also go to Mexico and anywhere there is a beach that you can't see across to the other side.
- Where do you want to go on vacation? To a beach somewhere. Hawaii
- What is your favorite thing to do with Mom or Dad? go on vacation
We just got back from vacation earlier this week (pictures to come). We drove out to Virginia to visit family and celebrate Tim's nephews graduation. We also visited the beach and the Naval Base. While there, Aidan really connected with and adored his cousin, Allison, but it is very clear by his interview that Uncle Steve left a lasting impression as well!
And now, since this is supposed to be a running/fitness type blog, I suppose I should get back to that.
While on vacation our workouts consisted only of the walking we were doing and renting the "family bike" to ride on the Virginia Beach boardwalk. Since we have been back this week we are working on getting back into a good routine. I was able to get in a good run on Wednesday while Aidan was at Track and yesterday we got in a bike ride and hike as I mentioned above.
These two cuties (and best buddies) are excited to be old enough for summer track! They are rockin the track in practice and were super excited to get their track shirts today.
|the birthday kids- Cailyn's birthday was earlier this week|