|8th Grade Recognition|
What a year it has been for this kid! He ran cross country (8th grade) and made varsity for conference meet. He worked hard on strength training and running with us all winter at the Y. He completed the Indoor Ironman (full Ironman during the month of Feb) at the Y. He participated in middle school track and was the conference champion in the triple jump. He trained for and ran his first half marathon (ON his 14th birthday- recap to come). He graduated 8th grade. He jumped right into high school with band and summer school. He has worked hard at summer school to get credit for fall and realizes the importance of that. He has become an avid fisherman. He knows more than just about anyone I know about fishing and loves to be out there even if he doesn't catch anything. He has become an amazing role model for his younger brothers.
|8th Grade Recognition night|
|Family at 8th Grade Recognition|
|Brothers at 8th Grade Recognition|
It has been amazing to see the growth and change in Riley over the past year. He is no longer my little boy! He is turning into an amazing young man and I couldn't be more proud of him! I have seen him step up and be more responsible and he has been more willing to help out when it is needed. It has been so much fun to be able to work out with him at the Y and to experience training for and running his first half marathon "with" him! It has been wonderful to see him become interested in fishing and to watch him in his element.
It is crazy to think that he is now a high schooler- how the hell did that happen? He was my first baby and now he is a high schooler! I am excited for this next stage in life and what it will all bring for him.
Here is my interview with Riley:
- Name: Riley Owen
- How old are you? 14 years old
- What is your favorite thing to do? Play baseball
- Who is your best friend? Ethan
- What is your favorite color? Purple
- What is your favorite food? Pizza
- What do you like to do with your family? go on vacation
- What is your favorite toy? my fishing pole
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Game warden
- What makes you happy? fishing
- What makes you sad? losing a big fish
- What is your favorite show? Mountain Men
- What is your favorite book? No idea
- What do you love to learn about? science
- Where do you like to go? to the lake (Lake of the Ozarks)
- Who is your favorite teacher? Mrs. Arellano (band and TA)
- What is your favorite treat? ice cream
- What do you think about before you fall asleep? nothing
- What sport do you like best? baseball
- What are you really good at? baseball
- What would you buy if you had $1000? fishing stuff
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? chocolate, chocolate with chocolate stuff on top
- Who is your biggest hero? Derek Jeter
- What do you hope you'll get to do before your next birthday? catch a big fish
- What do you like to do best with your friends? fish
- What is your favorite song? Thunderstruck by ACDC
- I am very proud because.... I was conference champion for triple jump and I ran a half marathon.
- I am afraid to.... go somewhere really high without a harness
- Imagine that you can become invisible whenever you wanted to. What are some of the things that you would do? Pretend to be a ghost and scare people.
- Pretend that you can fly whenever you wanted. Where would you go? I would go really far away to where it is good fishing.
- Where do you want to go on vacation? Alaska or Hawaii
- What is your favorite thing to do with Mom or Dad? run