Having a summer birthday and wanting to have a party can be tough... especially when your brothers play traveling baseball and have tournaments nearly every weekend. It is really tough when both brothers have a tournament in different places ON your birthday and your family can't even be together. This was the case for Aidan this year- Riley had a tournament in Holmen, WI (close to home) and Isaac was in Marshfield, WI (a couple hours from home). I think it is safe to say that Aidan made the best of it and had a great birthday. He got to celebrate all weekend with his baseball family. He got to stay in a hotel. He was able to swim. But, the biggest reason he had a great birthday...
... He got to celebrate it with one of his best friends and baseball sibling, Sissy (aka Cailyn). Sissy is just 2 days older than Aidan so we celebrated the two of them together all weekend at the baseball tournament!
|me with the birthday kids|
|fun at the park|
|birthday treats for the baseball family|
|swimming with friends|
I think it is safe to say that they both had a great birthday weekend!
|Exactly 7 years old!|
It has been a year filled with lots of fun for Aidan. He played basketball. He is playing coach pitch baseball and is also doing summer track and field. He got to spend lots of time playing with friends and experiencing new things. There were several trips to visit family in Iowa and Missouri which he seems to love. He learned to tie his shoes (finally) and has lost several teeth. He has started to read more and is learning so much. It has been such a joy to watch him develop into his own little person over the past year. He is very social and likes to be silly but can be serious when he needs to be. He is very sweet and loving. One of my favorite memories of him from this year would have to be how he would leave flowers by my water bottle when I was out training for my half marathon so that I would find them when I got home. That always made my heart melt! He is still snuggly and LOVES to have his back rubbed. He is smarter than he knows and I hope that he finds more confidence over the next year so that he starts to realize how smart he is.
I know it sounds cliché but I really can't believe how fast the years have gone! It still feels like he should be a baby. He will always be MY baby and I am excited to see what is in store for the next year as he moves into second grade.
Here is my recent interview with my little man:
- Name: Aidan Everett
- How old are you? 7 years old
- What is your favorite thing to do? Play with my friends
- Who is your best friend? Josh, Jack and Sissy (Cailyn)
- What is your favorite color? Purple
- What is your favorite food? Mac and Cheese
- What do you like to do with your family? go swimming
- What is your favorite toy? toy cars- motorcycle and monster truck. Oh, and snuggle bear
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Police Officer
- What makes you happy? my birthday
- What makes you sad? not being with mom
- What is your favorite show? Mountain Men
- What is your favorite book? Little Critter
- What do you love to learn about? dinosaurs
- Where do you like to go? Virginia
- Who is your teacher? Mrs. Roesler (1st Grade)
- What is your favorite treat? candy
- What do you think about before you fall asleep? what I am going to do in the morning
- What sport do you like best? baseball
- What are you really good at? running
- What would you buy if you had $1000? a cool racing remote control racing boat
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? vanilla with cookie dough
- Who is your biggest hero? Uncle Steve because he was in the military
- What do you hope you'll get to do before your next birthday? go to the zoo
- What do you like to do best with your friends? play on the trampoline
- What is your favorite song? Can't Stop This Feeling by Justin Timberlake
- I am very proud because.... I can run fast.
- I am afraid to.... do a backflip on the trampoline
- Imagine that you can become invisible whenever you wanted to. What are some of the things that you would do? Spy on people and play tricks on them.
- Pretend that you can fly whenever you wanted. Where would you go? Virginia, Grandma's (Elkader, IA) and to Missouri to Papa and GJ's house
- Where do you want to go on vacation? Virginia and Florida
- What is your favorite thing to do with Mom or Dad? going to the lake