Friday, April 12, 2013

Pushing Through and Staying Positive

Winter is refusing to leave Wisconsin!  I have to say to Mother Nature that she needs to put on her big girl pants and stand up to that bully! Spring wants its chance in the spotlight too!

Really? This is my yard on April 12!
Over the past couple of weeks the miles for marathon training have been increasing and it is getting harder and harder to get them in. Add to that a stomach bug that has been going through the house and the above mentioned weather and you get a couple of tough weeks.

I have to admit that it feels like I have hit a wall and am starting to doubt myself! The Green Bay Marathon is only 37 days away - I don't have time to hit a wall! I don't have time for negative thinking! I am picking myself back up and I am going to push through this wall just like I will have to do during the marathon! Only positive thoughts from here on out!


As long as we continue to make progress - that is the goal!

Can't is not allowed in this house anymore!
 
We got this!
I BELIEVE!


Have you ever hit a wall during training? How did you push through?

1 comment:

  1. We all have our doubts. I had already run one marathon (and 2/3 of another) but I still had my doubts as I stood at the start line in Virginia Beach. You can do this. I know how badly you want to get it done and when the time comes that desire will get you through it.

    The weather has me depressed!!! I feel no desire to have to drive to the gym and run but with the ice the last feel days, I worry about falling.

    ReplyDelete