I have been wanting to try yoga for so long! I guess there is some feeling of safety in trying new things with someone else and I kept waiting for it to work out to attend with someone. Last week things finally worked out and I met my step-sister at the Y for our first yoga class - "Gentle Yoga". I can't believe that I waited so long to try it- I LOVED IT! I am sure it sounds a little crazy but it really did help me find balance. It was also a great compliment to my weekend long run- my hips were really tight! I went back to the class by myself again this morning and once again it was wonderful. I am going to make yoga a normal part of my routine and am excited to try the other yoga classes that the Y offers!
I am happy to say that I have completed another Ironman! This is the third year that Tim and I have participated in the Y's Indoor Ironman. We had the whole month of February to complete the 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run. I have had the swim and run portions (plus some) done for a week or so but the biking was a challenge. I knocked out 6 miles on the bike this morning after yoga and I am DONE!! The bike portion is always the challenge for me but it is a great way to get some cross-training in; plus, I always like a good challenge. Now it is time to incorporate some strength training back in and focus on half/full marathon training!
Up next is the Weekly Chase!
Here are my goals from last week:
- Challenge goal- Spend one-on-one time with Riley this week. Didn't happen again this week. Tim and I did have dinner one night with Riley and Aidan (Isaac was busy having a meltdown in his room). We really enjoyed the time with Riley. He was a lot of fun that night. I can't wait for more opportunities like that.
- Challenge goal- Send a quick note to a friend/family member to let them know they are appreciated. Done! I did this a couple of times and want to make this more of a habit.
- Challenge goal- Finish reading The Five Love Languages for Children Fail! I haven't gotten back into it at all. The nights that I worked were really busy and then we were out of town over the weekend. I need to make this more of a priority this week.
- Journal all of my food for the week. Big fat NO! Other than when we were out of town I made better choices- I just didn't write it all down:(
- Foam Roll- 3 times Almost- I got 2 times in! It still hurt but not as bad as in the past.
- Try a Yoga class Major success!! I went to the class at the Y last week and fell in love with it. This will become a new part of my normal weekly routine!
Now here is the plan for this week:
- Challenge goal- Spend one-on-one time with Riley and Isaac.
- Challenge goal- Finish reading The Five Love Languages for Children
- Journal my food for the week and do a blog post to report back.
- Foam roll 3 times
- Do 3-4 blog posts this week