I have been all mixed up on what day of the week it is! I can't believe that the weekend has come and gone and it is already Tuesday! Did you have a good weekend? It was my weekend to work so that took up a lot of the weekend for me. Saturday Riley and Isaac each had basketball games back to back. After they were done we had enough time to get in our 9 mile training run. This run was suppose to be on the schedule for next weekend but plans have changed for next weekend making it next to impossible to get it in then so we opted to get it done this past weekend instead.Flexibility is necessary when training with busy and active kids! It was our longest treadmill run so far and it actually went pretty good! I felt like I had good energy all the way through. I tried using the Honey Stinger Chews again but this time I decided to try eating one chew after each mile or so starting about 1.5 miles in. I also made sure to drink a little water with each one. There were a couple of times that my stomach bothered me (I think more related to not eating my normal breakfast) but no side aches this week! It felt great to have such a good long run this week after last weeks long run was so rough!
Yesterday Aidan and I headed to my best friends house for a quick "girls day". We worked on planning our trip to Virginia Beach for the Shamrock Half/Full Marathon. We mapped out our drive and checked out the race details. We are both getting very excited and I am sure it will be here before we know it! Now I just need to figure out what I am going to wear! Any suggestions?
Now it's time for the Weekly Chase! If you are new here you might be wondering what the Weekly Chase is. It's a place to post your goals for all to see...and help you stay accountable! Link up your posts here so we can give you love and encourage you throughout the week!
Last weeks goals looked like this:
- Plank-a-day challenge- fail! I did pretty good at the beginning of the week and then towards the end of the week they got pushed aside again.
- Daily squats- I did good with this until the weekend when we did our 9 mile run and I had to work all weekend. I know these are excuses and I will work more on getting these in no matter what!
- Add back in some core work this week- Success! I did a bunch of core work this week and realized that I need to keep this as a goal because it was tough!
- Make friends with my foam roller. big fat fail! The foam roller still isn't my friend. Actually at this point it is more of an enemy. I did use it 3 different times but it was painful! I am sure if I was better about using it that would get better. I also have a massage stick and that isn't as bad so I did use that more this week for a change.
- Work my Scentsy Family business- I did ok on this over the past week. I got most of my information ready for taxes and got one party booked.
Introducing...the All You Need is LOVE challenge! How do you play along? Each week in February make one or more of your goals about loving or being kind to someone. In a world that is full of so much evil these days make it a priority to show others that you care. Maybe drop a sweet note to a friend in their mailbox. Buy coffee for the person behind you in line. Give a random stranger a compliment. Do something nice for your husband and/or children. You get the idea! Have fun and show someone that there are still good people in this world!
Here are my goals for this week:
- Healthy and clean eating! This week I am going to take control over the cravings and not give into them.
- Continue to add in core work 3-4 times this week.
- Foam roll 3-4 times this week.
- Finish getting my Scentsy family business information ready for taxes.
- Get 3 parties booked (Scentsy, Grace Adele or Velata). Step out of my comfort zone and make phone calls to make this happen.
- Challenge goal- leave a note for Riley and Isaac in their lunches at least one day this week.
- Challenge goal- spend one on one time with Riley and Isaac