|Maybe someday I will figure out the reason!|
One of the best things that a friend said to me was,
"Try to relax and trust God. Sometimes He just wants to remind us who's in charge."
The recovery from my surgery put me a little behind for the month but I didn't let it last long. I have a half marathon in March and a full marathon in May to train for! I did what I could as soon as I felt I could do them - I was cautious and backed off if it didn't feel right and pushed myself harder when I knew it was ok to do so. Here are my totals for the month:
- 112 miles total
- 68 miles running
- 38 miles biking
- 5 miles walking
Looking back now I am pretty proud of all that I accomplished in January even if it got off to a rough start. Here is a run down:
- I beat cancer (Melanoma = Cancer; it still feels weird to say that! I was lucky and surgery was all that it took to win my fight. Sometimes I feel guilty or like I had it "easy" to win my fight. It is hard to explain and put into words. I feel for all of the people out there that are fighting.)
- I have started to accept myself more and am ok (most of the time) with the new me.
- I realized that I am stronger than I thought and that I have so much support in my life!
- I ran a half marathon (in the rain, sleet, and snow) only 25 days post- surgery (not having fully trained for it)!
- I have continued to work on my eating habits and am making progress in that area.
- I have a new perspective on like!
|I am truly blessed!|