Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

My head is swimming with all kinds of things today as I get ready for surgery tomorrow!
First off- Happy New Year!! Did you do something special to celebrate? I had to work so my wonderful hubby and little man took me to work and then came back at 11 PM to pick me up (the older two boys went to the YMCA New Year's Eve Overnight). When I was done with work we headed out to find a prime parking spot to watch the midnight fireworks. It was so much fun ringing in the new year with them. Aidan was so excited to have that time alone with us and he talked nonstop. As soon as they were over we headed home- Aidan didn't make it far and he was sound asleep! 
Second order of business is The New Years Virtual 5K! The is the last of the Virtual Holiday races hosted by Kiley @ Daily Vitamin F. I knew today was going to be crazy as I have to work again this afternoon and I also knew it was suppose to be negative wind chills and the treadmill wasn't an option so I did my New Years 5K yesterday on the treadmill at the Y. I love doing the Virtual Holiday races because it motivates me to get my booty moving even when it isn't easy.
 
 
 
My 3.1 miles was just part of a solid 5 mile run to end 2012! I had to get in one last run before surgery. It felt great to push myself and sweat out my stresses one last time for the week. I am starting to get a little anxious for the surgery. I had my pre-op call yesterday where they gave me my instructions for the day. I have to arrive at 7:45 for pre-admitting and then they will take me to Nuclear medicine for the injections. After that they will take us to the pre-op area and we will have to wait for about 4 hours. They expect surgery will start around noon.
 
The last several days we have kept ourselves busy with a project! My husband thought I was crazy when I told him I thought this holiday weekend would be a great time to repaint the living room (ceiling and walls) and pull up the carpet and put down new flooring. I had to work Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (2:30-11PM) and he was going to be home almost all of those days and we didn't have anything else planned- so it seemed like a perfect time. Honestly, I think it was a good distraction for me going into surgery!
 
Next up is The Weekly Chase. I mentioned this a few weeks ago. Mindy @ Road Runner Girl was my motivation for doing it. My goals for this week are going to be simple.
1) Keep a positive attitude as I head into surgery tomorrow.
2) Drink 64 oz. of water a day.
3) Take time to rest and recover from surgery.
4) Plank-a-day challenge that a friend posted on Facebook for the month of January.- Do what I can this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment