Friday, January 9, 2015

It's that time of year...

 
Let me start out by saying-
 
 
I hope you had an
 
amazing and blessed
 
holiday season-
 
I know we did!
 
 
 
I loved seeing the boys excitement
 
and sharing traditions with them.
 
It was also wonderful to
 
spend time with
 
family and friends.
 
That is what the holiday season is all about-
 
family, traditions, and some fun!
 
Time with friends enjoying Rotary Lights
 
Tim and I even got to get
 
dressed up to enjoy
 
a "night of elegance"
 
for his work Christmas party.
 

 
 
I also got to mark off an item on my bucket list-
 
a horse drawn carriage ride
 
through Rotary Lights!
 
 
 
 We wrapped up our celebrations
 
with a trip to Missouri
 
to visit Papa and GJ.
 
While we were there
 
we all attended a
 
Mizzou Men's Basketball Game.
 
Pre-Game
Aidan and his Scensty Buddy- Tucker Truman
(middle name after the Mizzou mascot)
 
 
Mizzou won
 
and we all had a great time!
 
Post-Game
 
All of our celebrations are over.
 
The tree and decorations have all been put away.
 
The boys are back to school.
 
It always comes and goes too fast!
 
 
 
With all of that behind us
 
we now have a new year
 
to look forward to and plan for.
 
I know we are already a week into it :)
 
We have all seen the posts and
 
articles about resolutions.
 
Like so many,
 
I have made resolutions
 
in the past but a few months in
 
start to forget about it
 
and fall off track.
 
Recently I read about some new ideas
 
that I thought were very interesting
 
and that I am going to try this year.
 
The first was picking one word
 
for the year and focusing on that one word-
 
think of it as a theme for the year.
 
The second is to make
 
"mini" resolutions (or goals)
 
each month-
 
these focus on your word
 
but in different aspects of your life
 
and you add to them with each new month.
 
Does all of that make sense?
 
Think long and hard and choose a word
 
to help inspire and shape you throughout this year.
 
Keep this word in mind when setting your monthly goals.
 
My word/theme for 2015 is going to be:
 
CHALLENGE!
 
 



 


 
I am ready to challenge my limits
 
and to make some changes!
 
How about you?
 
What is your word for 2015?
 
Think about it and join me on this journey:)
 
Here are a few of the goals
 
that I would like to incorporate
 
into this year.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment