Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Square One

I often feel like I am starting over
 
and am back at square one.
 
Just when I am getting into a good routine
 
something always seems to happen-
 
it's called LIFE!
 
Recently, I came across this graphic
 
and it has really helped me re-frame my way of thinking-
 
 
Over the holidays I got a bit off track-
 
I was working out some and was trying to eat right!
 
With the start of the new year
 
I (once again) felt like I was starting over at square one.
 
But after seeing this quote
 
I am changing my thoughts on it-
 
LIFE happened-
 
I am not starting over-
 
it's all part of the journey!
 
Instead, I am looking back over my journey
 
 and I am realizing just how much more
 
knowledge, strength and power I have now
 
than when I was at square one.
 
Square one was when I couldn't even run a mile
 
(heck- I couldn't run a quarter of a mile).
 
Square one was when I wasn't strength training at all
 
(and didn't know anything about how to use the weights).
 
Square one was when I didn't pay ANY attention to what I ate.
 
I am most definitely not back there!
 
 
 
talked about how I am going to "forget perfect"
 
but it didn't talk much about the "honor progress" part.
 
I think that is another key piece of the puzzle for me!
 
I need to take time to reflect on my journey.
 
I am always challenging myself to be "better"
 
(to be perfect in my own eyes- but what that means I don't really know).
 
Sometimes you have to give yourself credit for how far you have come
 
to realize that you are "better".
 
That will help me keep in mind that I am not starting over-
 
I am just continuing on my journey.
 
LIFE (all of those things that seem to get in the way)
 
 is not a setback- IT IS THE JOURNEY
 
and we need to take time to embrace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment