Monday, January 12, 2015

Forget perfect. Honor progress.

Since writing my last post
 
I have really been thinking
 
 about my goals/area of focus for January
 
and I have to admit that
 
I am feeling incredibly overwhelmed!
 
I have so many things
 
that I would like to work on
 
and improve- in all aspects of my life.
 
I want to challenge myself in new ways this year!
 
The list of things that I would like
 
to accomplish this year is so long
 
that I am struggling to focus!
 
There are so many wheels turning
 
in my head and it is filled
 
with information and ideas
 
to the point where
 
I am feeling a bit paralyzed.
 
Honestly I don't even know where to begin
 
with this whole process.
 
I have so many wheels turning in my head!
 
I think each new year
 
brings with it the feeling of a fresh start-
 
a chance to wipe the slate clean and start again
 
on reaching our goals.
 
For some reason
 
this year I feel like
 
I have been putting pressure on myself
 
to figure out a plan for the whole year right now!
 
I was getting frustrated
 
with myself and couldn't figure
 
out what the problem was
 
and then I came across this:
 
 
WOW!
 
What an eye-opener!
 
I quite possibly stumbled upon
 
my main goal for the year!
 
I think my problem
 
is that I am too busy
 
being a perfectionist-
 
trying to make everything in my life perfect-
 
that I am not allowing myself
 
to really figure out who I am
 
and/or what I want
 
or to celebrate the progress
 
that I have made over the past few years!
 
The more I think about it,
 
I think I feel the need to be perfect because
 
I am always worried about
 
how someone else might see me.
 
Why?
 
I have no idea, but it is crazy!
 
 
I am ready to stop feeling this way
 
and to be PROUD
 
because the truth is...
 
 
... I am a beautiful disaster!
 
As you could probably tell by this crazy, rambling post!
 
This year I am ready to
 
"Forget perfect and honor progress"
 
as the caption said!
 
 
 
While I spend some time
 
processing this bigger goal
 
I am going to take things day-by-day!
 
I am not sure why we always
 
feel the need to wait for a new year
 
(OH HECK- a new MONTH
 
or even a new WEEK sometimes).
 
Each new day is the chance to start fresh! 
 
For the rest of January,
 
I am just going to focus
 
on starting fresh each day
 
with smaller goals
 
to help me reach this bigger goal!
 
 
 
Ironically, I saw this post on Instagram today
 
and it was a great
 
reminder of my word of the year-


 
I think I have succeeded for today!
 
I really challenged myself
 
to take a deeper look
 
at myself
 
and to process my recent
 
sense of feeling overwhelmed and frustrated!
 
Now that I have started to figure it out
 
(and I have to admit that ALL of that happened through the process of the writing of this blog post)
 
it is time to develop a plan
 
and ATTACK it!
 
 I would also like to leave you with proof
 
that I am still working out!
 
AM workout- 30 min on bike in trainer followed by a chilly 3 mile walk
 


No comments:

Post a Comment