Sunday, January 25, 2015

Journaling and reflection

 
Over the past few months,
 
I found myself becoming more and more negative
 
and getting sucked into the negativity at work
 
and I didn't like it!
 
That is not who I am!
 
Because of this,
 
I have spent a lot of time researching
 
and reading about focusing on positive thoughts
 
and changing your mindset.
 
Yesterday I told you about setting daily intentions
 
and that has really helped me.
 
Something else that I have been doing
 
is journaling and ending the day
 
with some reflection.
 
 
 
I have read a lot about how these two things can
 
really help keep your thoughts positive
 
 and help you see the good.
 
It also gives you a place for the negativity to go.
 
I found a few journal prompts that have been really helpful-
 
** Think back over the day and give one situation for each category:
High, Low, Weird
 
** Think back over the day and answer the following:
This made me SMILE today:
This made me THINK today:
This is something I wish I had DONE DIFFERENTLY today:
This is something I LEARNED today:
This is the GOOD I did today:
  
 
Over the past week I have used these prompts
 
to start conversations
 
and I have to say it was so much FUN!
 
They were very well received at work,
 
where there has been such a negative vibe lately-
 
 I plan to continue to end my shifts
 
 reflecting on my day in this way.
 
In an effort to change the negative vibe
 
I am also going to make it a practice to
 
ask these questions of my coworkers.
 
We have also been doing
 
something similar during dinner with the boys.
 
It is amazing the power that doing these things has.
 
It really does help change your mindset when you reflect on your day in this way!
 
Give it a try and let me know what you think:)

No comments:

Post a Comment