Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12

Jess over at Run With Jess (another one of my favorite blogs) posted the Pick Twelve Challenge on her Facebook page to honor the special date of 12/12/12. You had to pick from the following: Run 12 miles, Run 12K, Bike 12 miles, or Bike 12K.
 
Since I wasn't ready for a 12 mile run, just yet, I opted for the 12K run. I headed to the Y and hopped on the treadmill and got it done! I think it is my longest treadmill run so far. I had my music turned up and got in the grove pretty quickly and it felt really good.
 
It was strange running with the treadmill set to kilometers instead of miles.
 Half Marathon training will officially be starting in a couple of weeks.So getting this run done on the treadmill has boosted my confidence.  I know I will be able to get all my long training runs in this winter no matter what the weather is like. In the past I have had a love/hate relationship with the treadmill... we are working on it and I think we will get through it!

The other thing that I did today to honor 12/12/12 was take a picture of 12 running items for the Moms RUN This Town 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. There is still time to participate so go check it out.

My 12 essential running items



What did you do today to honor 12/12/12?

If you are a runner- what are your 12 items that you can't run without? I love my Saucony running shoes! If I am running outside I have to have my visor and sunglasses. I also can't run without gum. I know it is weird but I also know I am not alone... there are others of us out there! Another running item that I have fallen in love with is Body Glide. This is important in all runs (today I learned that I didn't use enough- ouch... that shower hurt!!). Also important are the right running socks, sports bra, shorts, and running tank. I am a little OCD and have to have my MotoActv to help me keep track of my miles and time. I don't know that I would do well running "naked". My iPod and water bottle round out my 12 items.

What are some of your favorite blogs to follow?

2 comments:

  1. Great 12k run!! I totally wish I took part in one of the 12/12/12 fitness stuff!! I was too lazy instead. ah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You have to have lazy days too! Just make up for it during another workout:)

      Delete