Thursday, October 24, 2013

Three Things Thursday

1) Chilly 4-k Field Trip
 
Tuesday morning this was the temperature
 
as I left the warm heated seats in my car to load a bus
 
with a bunch of 4 year-olds to visit a local corn maze!
 
Brrrr!
 Once we were there
 
and I was chasing trying to keep up with
 
my four year old
 
and one other that was assigned to me
 
it wasn't so bad.
 
my field trip buddies

Aidan was excited that I was able to come
 While in the corn maze
 
we had to hunt for the alphabet
 
because the farm animals stole them
 
and hid them there.
 
Aidan was on the hunt for an 'A'
 
and look what we were able to find!
 
proud to have found HIS 'A'
 After spending some time in the corn maze
 
we went on a wagon ride,
 
had a snack,
 
got to play some games,
 
and pick little pumpkins.
 
Aidan was pretty proud of his little pumpkin.
 It was chilly but in the end
 
we didn't care
 
because we were having fun!
 
having fun at the corn maze/farm
Aidan loved the farm but I think one of the highlights for him
 
was riding a BIG bus!
 
The 4-K kids ride a little bus
 
to and from school
 
so this was a first for him.
 
Riding on the BIG bus
 
 
 2) Time for winter running apparel
 
The temps have really started to drop
 
making it necessary
 
to dress warmer when we run outside.
 
For our run on Tuesday afternoon
 
I had to bring out:
 
hats (for Tim and Aidan),
 
my headband,
 
gloves,
 
and my fleece-lined long sleeve shirt.
 
I do have to admit
 
that even when we have to bundle up
 
I still enjoy running in the cold
 
way more
 
than running in the heat.
 
It can be hard to get out there
 
but in the end
 
I am always
 
happy that I did.
 
Having great running buddies helps too!
 
Tuesday's running buddies
Now that Aidan is in school
 
and I am use to running without the stroller-
 
holy cow!!
 
Pushing a four year old for 3.5 miles is tough-
 
but I have missed running with my little buddy.
 
He has been with me on my running journey since it started!
 
Until the last few months
 
running with him in the stroller
 
was the only thing I knew.
 
my little buddy
He is getting so big!
 
It might be time to build his endurance on his bike
 
so he can ride beside me instead of me having to push him.
 
 
3) Our most recent family picture
 
This photo was taken after our run on Tuesday
 
and I LOVE it.
 
I have not forgotten that I have three boys-
 
look very close.
 
We are ALL in the picture!

 
love my photo bombers!
 I hope you are having a good week!
 
What are your plans for the weekend?
 
I will be working all weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment