Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hug a runner

Have you hugged a runner yet today?
 
 
so get out there are get your hugs in:)
 
Cyber hugs to all of you ((((HUGS))))
 



I have had a crazy day
 
filled with work meetings
 
but I planned ahead
 
and was ready to  head to The Y
 
as soon as the boys were off to school.
 
I got in a great 5k run on the treadmill
 
followed by 15 minutes of rowing.
 
We are doing a local Turkey Trot
 
this weekend as a family.
 
This race is a bit different-
 
you predict your finishing time
 
and try to finish as close to that time as possible-
 
of course no watches or devices are allowed.
 
Going 'naked' (without watch or device)
 
is going to be tough!
 
For my run on the treadmill today
 
I decided to try to get as close to my predicted time
 
so I could see how that pace felt.
 
I managed to come pretty darn close to my prediction
 
and am feeling ready for the race on Saturday.
 
Now if the weather would just cooperate!
 
This is what is coming tomorrow:
 
 
We knew it would come our way eventually!
 
I was hoping it would wait until closer to Christmas!
 
Check out what happens after that system goes through-

 
23 degrees just in time for the Turkey Trot!
 

 
 
Looks like it is going to be a chilly race!
 
Time to break out all of the winter running gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment