Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Consequences and rewards

 
Why is it that when I don't workout
 
I am more hungry
 
than on days when I do workout?
 
Why is it that when I don't workout
 
 I crave junk?
 
This is why physical activity (of some kind)
 
is necessary for me each day. 
 
 
Running and working out really are like medication to me
 
and when I don't get it routinely
bad things happen.
 
Take for example what happened on a rest day last week!
 
last weeks rest day may have resulted in poor choices!
I didn't even care about the cookies-
 
it was the cookie dough that I was craving.
 
I had a few some bites of the dough and
 
quickly made it into cookies that were then given away.
 
I had a bump in the road
 
but I realized what I was doing,
 
corrected and recovered quickly!!
 
 
I couldn't agree with this statement more!
 
When I don't run or workout it isn't pretty!
 
I am
 
cranky,
 
moody,
 
negative,
 
anxious,
 
and impatient.
 
this is very true for me
 
There are a lot of changes at work for me right now
 
and exercising daily is playing a very important part
 
in me maintaining balance and 
 
in keeping me sane!
 

 Exercise is my "happy place".
 
It improves my mood
 
and changes my whole attitude around.
 
It may sound crazy
 
but it relaxes me.
 
 
I know there are plenty of people out there
 
that are thinking I am completely crazy right now
 
and a few years ago I may have thought the same thing.
 
The first step out the door
 
 is still hard sometimes 
 
but I never regret
 
getting a good workout in.
 

 There is nothing like a good sweat!
 
It releases so much more than
 
just toxins from my body!
 
Working out is a habit for me
 
just like taking medication daily.
 
The rewards are so worth it.
 
I don't want to face the consequences
 
on a daily basis or the larger ones
 
that come down the road from in-activity.
 
Everyone has their "thing"
 
that they turn to
 
when they are stressed.
 
For some people these things are negative
 
like food, drugs, alcohol, etc.
 
I decided to change this in my life and
 
I hope that I am showing my kids
 
all of the great benefits of exercise.
 
It isn't always about doing it to lose weight.
 
There are so many other great benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment