Tuesday, April 15, 2014

#BOSTONSTRONG


I can't believe that it was one year ago today!

I had no direct connection to last year's Boston Marathon

but I will still never forget it.

Like many, I can still remember where I was

when I heard about the attack at the finish line.

Immediately I was glued to the TV and social media

and watched as they replayed the events

over and over.

I was in shock!

I was sucked in as they tried to capture the men

that destroyed/changed so many lives

and changed the running community forever.

There were so many emotions that day and the days following

but one thing is for sure-

runner's are strong!

It was amazing how the running community

pulled together,

 to stand united...

and run on!



The outpouring of love and support for those that were affected

was truly amazing and makes me proud to be a runner!

 
I am off work on Monday and
 
I also have a personal connection this year-
 
Aidan's teacher will be running!
 
You can bet that we will be watching the Boston Marathon
 
and cheering for Mrs. Lang
 
and all of the other inspiring runners!
 
 
Running a marathon is such an amazing journey.
 
There is so much time and energy dedicated to finishing.
 
There are so many emotions felt along the way.
 
I can't even begin to imagine the journey for many of this year's runners!
 
 
There are so many wonderful stories/tributes
 
to the runners and survivors of Boston!
 
They inspire me.
 
They push me.
 
They make me stronger.
 
They make me more determined to reach for all of my dreams!
 
Who knows...
 
maybe someday I will be there-
 
running Boston!
 
Check out this amazing tribute-
 
but make sure you have the tissues ready...
 
you are gonna need them!
 
 
Also check out the back story here:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment