Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring Break

I wasn't able to spend any of the Easter weekend with my family
 
due to working 12 hour shifts all weekend.
 
I have to admit that I was a little down about it over the weekend
 
but after being able to spend the past two days
 
of spring break with them
 
I am happy with they way things worked out!
 
We have been busy enjoying the beautiful spring weather
 
that has finally arrived in Wisconsin.
 
Yesterday the boys and I met some friends
 
and headed out on the bike trail
 
for a beautiful 14 (ish) mile bike ride.
 
Here is my Instagram photo from the afternoon.
 
Once Tim got home the two of us headed to
 
Grand Bluff Running, a local running store that recently opened.
 
They are doing group runs every Monday night
 
 so we thought we would check it out.
 
It was a small group this week but it was very nice.
 
They were very welcoming and we had a great time.
 
It was a beautiful night to get out and run
 
and we got to explore a new route in the area.
 
I am sure we will go back as our schedules allow!
 
Today turned out to be another beautiful day
 
so the boys and I decided to take Mollie for a walk
 
and head to the school playground to play.
 
Another Instagram photo.
 We definitely made today count!
 
We had so much fun running around
 
and playing on the playground.
 
It was so much fun to see the boys
 
creating obstacle courses
 
and helping each other through the hard parts.
 
Mollie wasn't sure about the slides
 
but Isaac took her along
 
for most of the fun anyway.
 
It is so much fun to see how much he loves her!
 
On the way home we took time to enjoy even the smallest things-
 
we loved all of the sidewalk chalk art
 
and even found a flower peaking up through the brown grass.
 
 
 
not sure how safe this was but they sure had fun going down the hill!
 It has been wonderful to spend these
 
couple of days with my boys-
 
enjoying the beautiful weather
 
and being active!
 
That is really what this journey is all about for me!
 
I am so blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment