I had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday and hope that all of you did as well! We took off early and headed back to Iowa for a quick trip to surprise my mom and I am so glad that we did. It was my weekend to work (2:30-11 PM- Friday, Saturday and Sunday) so she didn't think that she would see us at all. We pulled up to her house and went to the front door and rang the doorbell instead of just going in the back door like normal. It was priceless to see her reaction when she saw it was us standing there! It was well worth getting up early and making the drive even though we had such a short amount of time to spend there.
|Me with my mom and my boys|
|Me with my grandma, my mom, and my boys|
|I love this picture! Me with my three favorite boys:)|
|Riley- Mother's Day 213|
|Isaac- Mother's Day 2013|
|Aidan- Mother's Day 2013|
|Super easy and very yummy snack!!! |
Apples with a little peanut butter and sprinkle of cinnamon.
|Aidan gave this snack a thumbs up!|
|Aidan wanted me to add a picture of the two of us when we were making our snack.|
I love this little boy:)
Now it is time for another Weekly Chase!
Challenge Goal: Improve my eating habits!
- This week I will make sure to have at least one fruit or vegetable with each meal/snack. I would say I was about 75% successful with this over the past few weeks. This something that is going to be hit hard in the future.
- This week I will remain aware of portion sizes and not have seconds. I was more aware and did very good with this over the past few weeks. I think I did have seconds a few times but it was better than in the past!
Challenge Goal: Become a stronger runner!
- This week I will do my daily planks and at least two core workouts. I only missed 3 days of doing my planks (weekends- ugh!). My focus has really been running and getting through marathon training so I only did my planks and no other core work.
- This week I will make sure to get in at least two cross-training session. Done!
- This week I will get all of my marathon training runs completed. Almost! I missed one 4 mile run due to life getting crazy with baseball last week.
Challenge Goal: Become a better mother!
- This week I will make time to spend time with Isaac individually. Done! I had a few opportunities over the past few weeks to get some time with Isaac.
- This week I will have conversations with the boys about what they would like to see change in our life/family so that we have stronger connections. Still haven't gotten this one. I have a plan for this week though!
Now for my goals for this week! It is a new month and Molly has a new challenge for us! It's called Bring a Friend Along. Bring a friend into part of your goal making...whether it be for exercising, sanity, prayer partners, etc. We all know how important goal setting is...let's get our friends involved with us!
With our marathon being on Sunday my goals are very simple this week!
- Hydrate properly each day this week in preparation for the marathon.
- Eat right- make good choices, watch portion sizes, and skip seconds.
- Sleep- start getting a good nights sleep each night this week.
- Taper- continue to follow the training plan and do the miles it tells us- no more than what it says because they don't feel like enough!
- Enjoy the weekend in Green Bay with my best friend, her husband and my wonderful hubby!
- Enjoy our first full marathon!
My wonderful husband has been right by my side through this incridible journey and I can't wait to do this together! My best friend has also been along for this whole journey (she inspired it when she ran this marathon as her first a year ago). I am excited that she will be there running the marathon too!
Did you have a good Mother's Day? How did you celebrate?
Do you like surprising people or like being surprised?
What is a new favorite snack/meal that you have tried lately?
Any final tips for our last week before the marathon?