Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Happy Place

Has it already been nearly 2 weeks since my last post? I have written so many posts in my head over the past couple of weeks that I can't believe that it has already been that long. The problem is that all of those posts never actually made it to the blog! I am nearing the end of my "glory week" so I really don't even have any good reasons why they haven't made it... they just haven't.
 
A while back my Scentsy Director posted this on our team Facebook page:
 
"Where is your happy place?"
 
 
 
My original answer at the time of the Facebook post was "working out... outside or at the gym." I have spent a lot of time thinking about this since it was posted!  Over the past several weeks I have had numerous people comment to me about how great I am doing with my workouts because they have seen my posts on social media. My response to them was "it's my happy place".  It feels so good to push myself to see what my body can do. Does it actually feel good while I am doing it? Not always! But it sure feels great when I am done and I can look back to see what I have accomplished! Working out (in whatever way it may be) makes me feel happy!
 
Here are a few pictures of me in that happy place from the past couple of weeks:
 
Getting outside for a run with my little man on his bike (4 miles)

My Piyo time with my hubby

Another great run outside with my hubby and little man- enjoying the beautiful spring weather
 
trying new workouts together
 
 

Being silly after a workout

Solo run outside


making progress together

As I have continued to think about this question over the past several weeks I have also come to realize that while this answer is very much the truth, it is only part of it. Working out makes me happy but it is not the only thing that makes me happy. It isn't the only thing that can take me to my "HAPPY PLACE"- that place where you have an overwhelming sense of happiness inside. My happy place is when I am doing what I enjoy and when I am with people that are important to me. My happy place is living in the moment and being connected to whoever I am with at the time. It may be with someone who helps to make me feel better about myself or maybe I am able to help them in some way. My happy place is making the most of every moment that I am given!
 
Here are a few more examples from the past couple of weeks:

Ladies Day- spent with family (Mom, Grandma, Aunts, and Cousins)
This is an old picture but represents any time spent with these three crazies!
Quiet time alone- snuggled up with the dogs and a good book
Just about anything I do with this man by my side
 
Where is your "HAPPY PLACE"?
 


1 comment:

  1. I am with you!!! My happy place is with my family and when I workout. It mentally makes me a better wife, mom and friend!

    ReplyDelete