Monday, February 8, 2021

Making a comeback!

Where do I even begin?! 

So much has happened over the past 5 years! I can't believe that my last post Riley was finishing 8th grade! He has now graduated and is a freshman at the University of Iowa!! WOW, time really does have a way of getting away from you. 

I guess we will start with what brought me back and take it from there.

My boss recently started up her own podcast, Be A Beast, to document her health and wellness journey. You really need to check it out! I can relate to so many things that she is saying. It has been so inspiring to witness her on her own journey and to follow her through her podcast. All of it got me thinking about this blog and how much I have missed it! 

In talking with her I mentioned that I once had my own blog but was unable to access it anymore to continue posting. She asked for the link so she could read it and that sent me down a rabbit hole of reading all of my old posts.  WOW! I was surprised how some things hit me. So many things have changed yet so many have stayed the same. But it lit a fire in me to want to get it going again. I did some digging and after several hours on Google I am back!!

Out on our first snowshoeing trek

I am no longer running - long story but my knees won't allow it much, if at all, anymore. Reading my old posts made me realize just how much I miss it and having that goal race or time to be working towards. I gained so much through running and felt like I found myself and my community through it. Then in an instant, I felt like my body betrayed me by not being able to do it anymore.

Fast forward to where I find myself now and I feel like I am right where I am supposed to be. All of those lessons learned out on the pavement and being a part of that community have led me to where I am now. I have been able to mesh together my passions for helping people and for working out with my career. I have also found an amazing community similar to what I found in the running community. About 2 years ago Burn Boot Camp came into my life when I jumped into the Operations Manager role of a new location and it has changed me in so many ways (more on that in a future post).

One of my happy places

Over the past 2 years I have thrown myself into helping all of our members and helping build (and begin to rebuild thanks to COVID) our gym. It makes my heart happy to see all of our members coming in and crushing workouts everyday. It brings me so much joy to be getting to know them and their families and to be a part of this amazing journey that they are on. I am loving every minute of seeing their transformations - changes in their physical appearance as well as so many positive mental changes. I see their confidence growing and see them helping and supporting each other out on that floor.  I am honored and blessed to say this is my job. 

Seeing our members on their journey to health and wellness has opened my eyes to my own journey and that has inspired me to want to document it again. There are so many times that I catch myself getting negative or frustrated with my journey. I have to stop myself and flip my self-talk to to talk to myself like I do my members.  My workouts are the easy part. They are non-negotiable for me. I do 5-6 camps per week and it isn't hard to convince myself to get there and get it done. It is part of my routine and I know just how much it helps set the tone for my day. The challenge for me lies in the putting myself out there and sharing about my challenges or successes. When it comes to my nutrition I feel like I am having to get back on the wagon again and again. BUT, I am ready!  I am ready to start documenting and sharing my journey. I know how much it helps me when I hear about the successes or challenges that my members are having so why not share about mine as well. All of that takes me right back to why I started this blog in the first place - to hold myself accountable while hopefully inspiring those around me! I am so excited to be back!

Staying active with new adventures

Embracing winter in Wisconsin

No comments:

Post a Comment