Sunday, February 1, 2015

February filled with...

February already?
 
It's crazy to think that we have already
 
completed one full month of 2015!
 
 
Before I get to my main point of this post
 
I just have to say how PROUD
 
I am of this boy!!!
 
 
He was a ROCKSTAR
 
in his basketball game yesterday.
 
 
He was full of hustle
 
and teamwork!
 
It was so much fun to watch
 
him score points, assist in plays
 
and be a leader on the team.
 

He has made so many improvements
 
this year and we are so proud!
 
Ok...
 
now back to my main topic for this post.
 
I said in an earlier post that I am going to focus
 
on something each month that I would like to
 
change/improve in my life, so-
 
February is going to be filled with...
 
 
Filling my heart with gratitude
 
seems like the perfect
 
 way to focus/challenge myself in February.
 
Through out the month I will also be
 
participating in a Gratitude Challenge
 
that is being hosted by an awesome blogger
 
that I recently came across and love-
 
 
You can also find her on Facebook and
 
request to join her challenge group.
 
Each day,
 
during the month of February,
 
she will post a question
 
and we are to record our answers
 
in whatever way we would like-
 
podcasts, Instagram posts, Twitter, Facebook, blog, or even old school paper and pencil.
 
I am excited about participating in this challenge
 
because I have read so much on the benefits of gratitude
 
and it is something that I have been working on for several months now.
 
I am hoping that by doing this daily
 
for the next 28 days that I can make it into a habit that I will stick with.
 
Just a few of the benefits of expressing gratitude:
 
helps promote health,
 
improves our outlook on life,
 
and helps us handle situations with less stress.
 
Today's question:
 
Why did you accept this challenge and what do you hope to gain from it?
 
I accepted this challenge because this is an area of my life that I have been working to improve. Let's face it- life gets CRAZY! Work is busy. My husband and I are spending most evenings rushing kids from activity to activity. We are trying to keep the house clean, laundry done and put healthy food on the table. We are trying to maintain a relationship with each other, with friends and with other family members. We are trying to fit in time to do activities that we each like to do. It is easy to get caught up in the craziness of day to day life and forget about all that we have to be grateful for! Gratitude is so important and I know there are so many great benefits to having gratitude be a regular part of my life. By participating in this challenge I am hoping to make this a daily habit!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment