Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Never Forget

There are times that I can hardly remember what I did yesterday let alone 12 years ago, but today is different! Not only do I remember where I was and what I was doing, the biggest thing that I remember is the "feeling" of the day! It felt so strange and scary to be watching such a tragic event happen right here in our own country. I felt so sad and terrified for those people that were running away from the buildings or those looking for loved ones. I was also scared for my family across the country- will there be another attack? Where will they strike next? Should I leave work and go home to be with my husband? What about those that I know in the military- how will this affect them? Why would someone do this? I remember going for a walk with my husband that night and it was so quiet- no one outside, no planes in the skies above- just a strange sense of quietness. I am sure people were glued to their TVs watching all of the news coverage but we needed a break from it. We were young and it was scary what our future would hold at that point.
 
We will never forget the heroes and angels of that day and the weeks/months that followed!
 
Before I move on, lets take a moment to pause and remember...
 
 
 


Back to school update:
It appears that my boys have made the adjustment of getting back into the school routine just fine and I am the one struggling. I am slowly getting my new routine figured out so bear with me a bit!
 
Riley: So far he hasn't had much homework and is pretty quiet about his day but he seems to be enjoying middle school. It sounds like he is getting the hang of switching classes and is finding his way around.
 
Isaac: This is the most excited I have seen Isaac about school and I am loving it! He is beaming when he comes home and tells me all kinds of things about his day. One of his favorite things is that his classroom has a greeter each day that is responsible for greeting any visitor (staff or parent) at the door- welcoming them to the classroom and asking if they would like some coffee, tea, or hot chocolate and then that child makes them the drink if they would like something. He has also been excited for different projects that they have been working on already. He is a "hands-on" kid and this teacher seems to do a lot of that.
 
Aidan: We had a rough first day but once he got home and realized that he had fun and that he would see me again, we were good. After the second day he wanted to know why he didn't get to stay longer!  He is loving school and it is so much fun to see him experience this "whole new world". He talks my ear off all afternoon about what he did and his new girlfriend that kisses him on the bus:)
 
Now for my Weekly Chase update.
 
 
Here were my goals for last week and how I did:
 
Run 4 times- DONE!
9/3- 4.25 miles
9/4- 2.14 miles
9/5- 4.28 miles
9/8- 3.1 miles
Cross train 2 times- DONE!
9/3 biked
9/4 biked
9/7 walked
Strength train 2 times- one done
9/4- workout with Tim and Isaac @ the Y
Daily plank- 3/7
9/4 1:21
9/5 1:01
9/8 1:19
Try 1 new healthy recipe (challenge goal) Done! We tried cauliflower mashed "potatoes" with our meatloaf and fresh green beans. Tim and I thought it was ok but the boys really didn't like it. They each tried one bite and were done with it!
Try 1 new workout or class (challenge goal)- Done!
Tim, Isaac, and I did the Endurance Shaper workout from the Choose to Lose: The 7 Day Car Cycle Solutions book by Chris Powell. Here is the breakdown:
As many sit-ups as you can in 20 seconds. Rest for 10 seconds. Continue for 6 rounds.
As many push-ups as you can in 20 seconds. Rest for 10 seconds. Continue for 6 rounds.
As many squats as you can in 20 seconds. Rest for 10 seconds. Continue for 6 rounds.
It was a tough workout and I was sore! Isaac impressed me and kept up pretty good with us. It was a lot of fun to workout with him.
 
All-in-all I am feeling pretty good about my work last week! There were some things that didn't go as planned but for the most part I met my goals and I am moving forward!
 
Here are my goals for this week:
Run 4 times
Cross train 2 times
Strength train 3 times
Daily plank
Maintain daily food and workout journal
Try 1 new healthy recipe (challenge goal)
Try 1 new workout or class (challenge goal)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Where were you on 9/11/01 and what were you doing?
 
Did you do something today to honor/remember the heroes and/or angels of that day?
 
What are your goals this week?
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment